Country: South Africa
City: Cape Town, Western Cape Province
Cape South African Jewish Board of Deputies
Webinar on ZOOM
You are cordially invited to attend our 'COPING WITH COVID: Thoughts of the Interfaith Community' event on Thursday 4 February.
This event takes place during the United Nations Interfaith Harmony Week. In 2010, King Abdullah 11 of Jordan proposed a World Interfaith Harmony Week at the 65th UN General Assembly. It was unanimously passed.
He said, "It is essential to resist forces of division that spread misunderstanding and mistrust especially among peoples of different religions. The fact is, humanity everywhere is bound together not only by mutual interests but by shared commandments to love God and neighbour, to love the good and neighbour."
The Cape SAJBD has been commemorating the event annually since 2012, and over the years have hosted breakfasts and panels with a range of notable speakers. Our events have attracted members from Anglican, Catholic, Dutch Reformed and Unitarian Churches, and Baha'i, Sunni, Shiite, Ahmadiyya and African Traditional faith communities.
This year, we welcome the insights of
• Ds. Riaan de Villiers (NG Groote Kerk)
• Sheikh Ismail Keraan (Al Azhar Masjid Educational Institute)
• Dr Ivan Meyer (Western Cape Provincial Minister for Agriculture)
• Mlingane Poswayo (Director of the South African Baha'i Office of Public Affairs)
• Rabbi Sam Thurgood (Beit Midrash Morasha)
• Cantor Ivor Joffe (Greenpoint Sea Point Hebrew Congregation)
and it promises to be a night not to be missed!
The webinar will take place on Thursday 4 February from 19:00.
To RSVP and get your link, contact Jodi on [email protected]
See you there!
Brought to you by the Interfaith & Intercommunity Subcommittee of the Cape SAJBD