We at Doha International Center for Interfaith Dialogue fully support the initiative of HH King Abdullah II and of HH Prince Ghazi in having established the Week of Interfaith Harmony by promoting a UN resolution in this regard.
Presentation: Doha International Center for Interfaith Dialogue was established as a result of a recommendation of the Fifth Doha Interfaith Conference on May 2007 in Doha.
The center was opened officially in May 2008.The main role of the centre will primarily be to spread the culture of dialogue, the peaceful coexistence of humanity and the acceptance of others.
We strive for constructive dialogue between followers of different faiths towards better understanding and harnessing of distinct religious principles and teachings to the benefit of all humanity, on the basis of mutual respect and acknowledgement of differences and through cooperation with related individuals and organizations.
To be a leading model in achieving peaceful coexistence between followers of different faiths and an international reference for interfaith dialogue.
The Doha International Center for Interfaith Dialogue aims to achieve the following:
- Become a center for advocating peaceful tolerance and acceptance of others.
- Activate religious values in finding solutions to problems and issues that concern humanity.
- Broaden the scope of dialogue to include aspects of life that interact with religion.
- Increase the network of those involved in dialogue to include researchers, academics and those who are concerned with the relationship between religious values and real life issues.
- Become an authority that provides academic, educational and training information in the field.
Doha International Center for Interfaith Dilaogue
Title / Position