Three Weeks until the
2018 World Interfaith
Promote World Interfaith Harmony in 2018!
A video message from HRH Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad of Jordan:
We only have three weeks before the World Interfaith Harmony Week begins!
We would like to add your voice to World Interfaith Harmony Week! Submit a video of support from yourself or your organisation voicing your support for interfaith harmony. Although the World Interfaith Harmony Week has been promoted by some of the World's most influential people, it's goal has been to be a completely decentralized initiative. We hope to facilitate spreading the message of interfaith harmony by providing this new platform.
World Interfaith Harmony Week is happening soon! It's not too late to organise an event. Here is what you need to do:
Plan Your Event!
- Harmony Breakfasts: People all over the world are organizing such breakfasts. The great thing is that they don’t take much effort to put together: they just require fresh food, seating, open minds and empty stomachs. Nothing starts a day off better than eating a wholesome breakfast with kind-hearted spirits.
- Watch a Movie: Inviting people to watch a movie can lead to great discussions afterwards which can lead to better understanding of different faiths. 20,000 Dialogues has developed some great guides on how to get the most out of watching a movie.
- Bazaar/Fair: Every community has within it creative and entrepreneurial souls who love to gather with like-minded individuals. Why not set up a World Bazaar where you can buy products and try food from all over the world. Organize one during a weeknight or as a weekend fair.
- Community Interfaith Declaration: Sometimes the best way to make a clear statement is by simply making a clear statement. Gather with leaders of different religious congregations in your locality and issue a declaration supporting interfaith harmony. We may have different theological beliefs but we can unite around the main principles that the World Interfaith Harmony Week was established on. When you are done don’t forget to have each leader submit a letter of support with the declaration—or better yet, make a video and submit it here!.
- Joint Community Work: At the end of the day, faith should lead one to do good to others. As the saying goes: ‘Actions speak louder than words.’ What better way is there to show the positive force of faith than by joining together to do good to one’s neighbors? Gather and do such activities such as:
- a community cleanup of a river or park
- feeding the homeless
- blood-donation drives
- health fairs
- plant a community garden
- fix a run-down playground
- paint and spruce up community centers
- paint an interfaith mural.
Post Your Event to Publicize!
A simple form has been created on our site for you to post your event.
If you are unsure about details about the venue (such as venue) than just mention that details will be posted later.
The main thing you want to do now is just get the word out about your event by posting preliminary information about it.
Hold Your Event!
While you are holding your event, it is important to document. Please feel free to use all media at your disposal. We ask that you:
- Write an Event Report.
- Include media links for videos, pictures, and audio.
- Include links to event website.
- Include links to press articles and television reports.
Feel free to look through past events to see what was submitted.
Everyone who has registered an event will receive a special link in order to submit your event reports.
All event reports need to be submitted by 8 March 2018.
HM King Abdullah II of Jordan is the official sponsor of the World Interfaith Harmony Week Prizes. The prizes include flights and accommodation to Jordan where His Majesty King Abdullah II will present this year's winners their awards for promoting world interfaith harmony.
- 1st Prize is $25,000 and a gold medal
- 2nd Prize is $15,000 and a silver medal
- 3rd Prize is $5,000 and a bronze medal
Please view our website to find out more about how to participate.
The prize-giving ceremony will be held in Jordan. (Flights and accommodation will be provided.)
Organizers all over the world are beginning to plan events for the World Interfaith Harmony Week. We'll update you in the upcoming weeks as to the major events happening and give you further suggestions for organizing and publicizing your events.
Thanks for your time, support, and prayers.
About World Interfaith Harmony Week
World Interfaith Harmony Week was first proposed at the United Nations General Assembly on September 23, 2010 by H.M. King Abdullah II of Jordan. Just under a month later, on October 20, 2010, it was unanimously adopted by the UN and henceforth the first week of February, every year, will be observed as a World Interfaith Harmony Week.
For more details see our website or email us.